Thursday 24 October 2013

The Beginning

Standing at the start of a new road, I hold my hands together and breathe in.
This is it.
The beginning,
The start of something new, something unknown, something scary but so welcome.

I look at the life I have left behind, with its burning memories and it's burnt dreams,
"Don't look back" whispers my heart,
"Don't look back".
There is nothing left there, anymore, nothing at all.
Just what was and that too is gone.

I stare ahead, eyes wide, heart pounding, I am scared but I am ready.
All I have now is what is.
And what is?
Well all I have, is me.
The new version, the one that went through that fire and emerged,
Burning bright with desire to fight for this life.

So this is it, the beginning, the new life, the fresh slate, the start of.
My beginning, the beginning of the new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul and Woman

Because you are who you are, That's enough. Because there will never be another you, That's enough. Because in this life there&...