Monday 28 May 2018

Used To Love.....

Isn't it interesting how as we grow we suddenly fall out of love with what we once were crazy over?

For me, these are places mostly, because they hold sentiments that now hurt when I think of them.

I don't hold on to the past anymore, I like to let it lie, in the past, behind me.

But, I was recently met with one such place in my face, in an advert that had me wondering what would have been.

I saw the buildings, the places, the lifestyle and asked myself, "What if?"

I smiled. I remember the places I went to, the things I did, the smells of the places and realized, I'm glad, there is no "what if"!

I love where I have found myself now, five years past that "what if". I'm happy, here.

Oddly enough, I have absolutely no desire to ever revisit this place, even for what it is now.

I used to love it, couldn't stand to be away from it, but now, I really couldn't care for it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul and Woman

Because you are who you are, That's enough. Because there will never be another you, That's enough. Because in this life there&...