Friday 1 April 2016

While you colour me in

There's endless lines,
Infinite depth,
A spectrum so bright and alive,
Brimming, vibrating, waiting.

It's as if you could say I have been fast asleep all this time.
Breathing, but not exhaling, not holding my breath either,
Just living.

Not making any effort,
But not not trying either.

I've spent so long developing these walls,
These perimeters to ensure I am safe, always.
I've spent so long living within this self imposed prison,
Allowing only those that I love deeply in.

So when you try to chip away,
Try to gain access,
Try to love me through these walls,
Understand one thing;

You can not colour me as you would please;

Vibrant always,
Happy ever,
Bubbly overflowing,
Sweet on tap,
Caring unconditionally,
You can not.

The colours are there,
They are beautiful,
They are slightly dull,
They will become vivid and vibrant,
They will exude all the beauty the good Lord placed within me,
If and only if,
You choose to let them shine as they choose to.

Not for your pleasure,
Your quest for illusions,
Not your ego,
But for the love you give, that allows them to shine.

So fill in the blank spaces,
Take your time when you chip away,
Smile when you see the shades,
After all, they are becoming because of you.

Embrace these slow, baby steps,
One at a time
Know that soon enough,
When you least expect,
We will be able to colour me in,
Vibrantly, vividly,
Shinning.

Till then,
Be gentle,
Be patient,
Be kind,
While you colour me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul and Woman

Because you are who you are, That's enough. Because there will never be another you, That's enough. Because in this life there&...