Monday 21 September 2015

ACTION MAN

I said, 'I think I scare him',
She laughed, 'Why?'
I said, 'I'm not into the usual bull shit'
She frowned, 'Bull shit?'
I explained,

You know,
The whole, I get you,
I understand you,
You're beautiful,
You're funny,
You're sexy,
I'd treasure you,
You'd be my everything.

Just STOP IT.

She said, 'You're crazy, what's wrong with that?'
I said, 'Everything!'
I explained,

The problem is, they all use it,
They think it's a safe bet.
Tell you how the sun rises and sets in your eyes,
How beautiful life is when they are with you,
How amazing you are,
They all say it.
Hoping they can get you in their beds,
Rolling your eyes back,
Screaming their names,
So that they can feel like "real men"

That bull shit.

She asked, 'So, what do you want?'

I smiled and I explained,

I want someone to show me, not tell me.

Show me how life is beautiful when I'm with you,
Show me how the sun looks like in my eyes,
Show me that you're mind doesn't just race to your bed,
Show me you have better plans prepared for me, for you, for us, in your head.
Act on these plans,
Build those foundations,
Court me, not through your phone,
But in real life.
Know me.

Know what I like, what I don't,
What I mean when my response comes out confused,
Know when I'm mad and try to fix it, not walk away to let me "think through it"

I'm not alone in this,
So don't ever leave me to swim in the deep.

Show me, this beautiful, amazing life when we are together and even more,
When we are apart.

I want the actions;
Flowers for nothing but to put a smile on my face,
A phone call to let me know you're outside my door without  my expectation,
Hold my hand because you love the feel of that embrace,
Hold me, because you know I'd never ask, but you know how I love it
Kiss me with no intention of going further, but with a desire to feel love in a simple, intimate, passionate gesture.
I want actions that say forever.

Not words,
Actions.

She laughed. 'Is there any one out there like that?'
I said, 'If I can imagine it, he probably is out there.'

And I know you are,
So I won't rush you anymore, when you're ready,
I will be too.

For now, I'll work on me and you on you,
Enjoy your days and I'll bask in mine too.
For waiting is just time passing as it does everyday,
A small price to pay,
For a life time by your side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul and Woman

Because you are who you are, That's enough. Because there will never be another you, That's enough. Because in this life there&...