Wednesday 10 October 2012

I Blame Myself, Mostly

See there's so much that I can say,
So much I can take away,
From what we shared, how I cared,
I could hide away from the truth,
Let it all go by, passively unmoved,
Simplify this phase, this case of love gone bad,
But I can never live a lie.

I've learnt to be stronger,
Not to stand for less,
Than I deserve,
To fight a little bit harder everyday.

And maybe you feel like it was you,
Your fault, something about the way you did, you
But no,
I blame myself for everything,
Every wrong turn,
For believing that fairy tales come true,
I blame myself, mostly.

Learning to say what I feel,
To fight for what's real, in me,
For what I want, what I need, what I deserve,
It's not too hard to allow myself to be loved,
By me.

So maybe you felt I was wrong,
I did what was right at the time,
Maybe you felt I lied,
The only lies I told were to myself,
And now I realise,

I deserve the right to choose,
Where I want to be and when,
How to live this life I have,
There is no second chance,
So for every wrong turn,
Every fairytale that I thought existed,
Everytime I looked to others for happiness,
I blame myself, mostly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul and Woman

Because you are who you are, That's enough. Because there will never be another you, That's enough. Because in this life there&...