Wednesday 4 July 2012

Life as I know it (Here I Stand)

So far down this road, one thing is clear,
I''ll always end up, somewhere, sometime
Along this journey, alone.

With those that I love, no where around to help,
No shoulders to lean on, no familiar voice to cheer me on.
Just me, my shoulders, my voice, my faith.

I have learnt that I have to fight,
In this life to get along,
To achieve, to gain, to grow, to succeed.

I would like to have another fighter,
By my side, to know I'm a half of one, fighting together,
In this life.

But seeing as how, in this life,
No two goals are ever alike,
I notice, this life, doesn't ask me to star in a tag team,
Nor a group, nor a family.

This life, asks me to face it as one,
Take down all my fears,
Stare my troubles in their fearless eyes,
Find my strength within my weaknesses
And share the best of who I am everyday.

So here I stand,
Alone once again,
But this time, alone, has never felt so strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul and Woman

Because you are who you are, That's enough. Because there will never be another you, That's enough. Because in this life there&...